The import video procedure is using system video codecs to extract the frames from the video sequence, so sometimes Import Video operation doesn't work straight out of the box. Make sure that the system has proper codecs installed if you observe any problems with the import video procedure.
Observed error message:
Media resource couldn't be resolved
The message may be observed on Windows systems. It indicates that some video codecs are missing in such cases.
- Windows: we suggest installing K-lite Codec pack or similar in order to guarantee the Import Video operation.
You do not need to install any auxiliary utilities in addition to the codecs themselves.
Codecs should be installed on the computer, where Metashape is used, as Metashape is using system codecs for Import Video feature.
- Windows Server: Windows Media Experience must be selected for running certain graphic, video, and image features in Metashape and OpenCV. This selection is not automatically selected for Windows Server. To choose the selection, perform the following:
1. Turn Windows features On or Off
2. Skip the roles screen and directly go to the Feature screen.
3. Select Desktop Experience under User Interfaces and Infrastructure.