You will learn:
- How to set up for cloud processing
- How to process a project on the cloud
- How to get the processing results
- What processing statuses mean
Currently cloud processing is only compatible with Metashape version 1.6 and higher, using the previous versions of Metashape may cause errors. Please update Metashape regularly to have the best synchronization speed and stability when working with the cloud.
How to set up for cloud processing
Agisoft Cloud currently is only available for the Professional edition license owners, including educational and trial license owners. For more information about available plans and terms of service, please refer to "Plans & Billing" article.
To get started with Agisoft Cloud it is necessary to fulfill the following conditions:
- create a personal account on the following page: https://cloud.agisoft.com/
- install latest version of Agisoft Metashape Professional Edition from https://www.agisoft.com/downloads/installer/
- activate installed Metashape version with the valid license key (node-locked or floating);
- in the Network preferences tab of the installed application disable local network processing flag and enable cloud processing option;
- input account details (Email address and password) in the Cloud section of the Network preferences tab:
We strongly recommend you to update Metashape every time the new long term version is released. In case by some reason you use Agisoft Metashape version lower than 1.7.0, please ensure that OpenSSL version 1.0.1 or 1.0.2 is installed on your computer to perform cloud processing.
In case you are using firewall please ensure that ports 443 and 8086 are opened through a firewall to allow Metashape to communicate with the cloud.
How to process a project on the cloud
To run the processing on the cloud please follow this steps:
- open existing PSX project or create a new project and load the images to be processed (in case of new project save it in PSX format before moving further);
- configure a Batch Process list or run any processing operation from the Workflow menu;
- click Yes when asked to perform the processing on the cloud, in case you need to visualize processing results in the web-interface - enable the Publish results option (For more information about results visualization refer to "How to visualize & share processing results" article);
- synchronization procedure will be started and the source imagery together with the project filed directory will be uploaded to the cloud;
- wait until the processing stage is started, after that you can monitor processing status or safely disconnect from the cloud by clicking the Disconnect button.
PSX project sent to the cloud processing will be blocked for local usage until the processing completion. Processing status can be monitored both in Metashape and Agisoft Cloud web-interface. To monitor processing status in Metashape you can open the PSX project sent to the cloud processing while connected to the Internet. If the processing is still in progress the status dialog will show "Processing" status.
To estimate time needed for the common processing operations on the cloud for different types of datasets please refer to "Memory requirements for processing operations" article.
In case an error occurred during cloud processing, please refer to "Common cloud processing errors" article, to find the solution for your case.
How to get the processing results
When the processing is finished, you receive an e-mail notification. Open the PSX project sent to the cloud processing while connected to the Internet, the local PSX project files will be synchronized with the data from the cloud.
What processing statuses mean
There are five types of project status:
Subscribe to the official Agisoft Cloud channel in Telegram to get most recent news about the service: https://t.me/AgisoftCloud