New here? Take a look at the Quick start guide.
You will know about:
- User agreement
- Plans and terms of service
- Trial & educational use terms of service
- Commercial use terms of service
- Storage Subscriptions
- What takes up storage space?
- Automatic subscription renew
- Manual subscription renew
- Manual subscription renew via Wire Transfer
- Upgrading storage subscription
- Downgrading storage subscription
- Subscription payment overdue
- Payment details management
- Processing Hours
- Unsubscribe from Commercial Plan
- Service termination
This article provides information on available plans and terms of Agisoft Cloud service. For the licensing information about Agisoft Metashape please refer to the Licensing terms section of the knowledge base.
By using the service you agree to Agisoft Cloud Processing Service User Agreement, please read the terms and conditions of this user agreement carefully before registering of your user account on Agisoft Cloud.
Plans and terms of service
Currently cloud processing is only compatible with Metashape Professional edition starting from version 1.7 up to version 1.8.x. Support for Metashape 2.0.x will be added soon. Standard version is not compatible with the cloud processing service. Using the Metashape Professional edition versions lower then 1.7. may cause errors. Please update Metashape regularly to have the best synchronization speed and stability when working with the cloud.
All information about available plans, your current plan and currently available resources (storage capacity, processing time and hardware) along with account management tools are available on your personal account page.
Two plans with different terms of service are available:
- Free of charge Non-Commercial Plan terms of service, offers limited storage space and limited number of processing time renewing each calendar month for trial or educational use.
- Paid Commercial Plan terms of service, offers monthly storage subscriptions and cloud processing service on a pay-per-use basis, without limits on number of photos or projects.
All user data that is being uploaded or created on Agisoft Cloud platform is stored and processed on Amazon Web Service infrastructure in EU Ireland. AWS Region code eu-west-1. In order to provide good performance capabilities for the users outside of EU data is transferred using AWS Global Accelerator service.
Trial & educational use terms of service
New registered users start operating under Non-Commercial Plan terms of service, which offers 50 GB of free storage space and 20 of free processing hours renewing each calendar month. Non-Commercial Plan can be used by three groups of users:
- Metashape Professional edition trial license owners for trial use,
- Metashape Professional edition license owners for trial use,
- Metashape Professional edition educational license owners for educational use.
In case of excessive demand for the service, Agisoft reserves the right to introduce limitations on storage space and processing time for Non-Commercial Plan users.
Commercial use terms of service
For commercial use it is required to subscribe to a Commercial Plan with one of available storage options on your personal account page. Cloud processing is available on pay-per-use basis. To perform cloud processing it is required to purchase a processing time package. When upgrading from Non-Commercial to Commercial plan, remaining processing hours are not transferred to Commercial Plan.
Storage Subscriptions pricing
$10 per month
$20 per month
$50 per month
1 TB (1024 GB)
$100 per month
2 TB (2048 GB)
$200 per month
5 TB (5120 GB)
$500 per month
Processing Hours pricing
Service payments are processed and fulfilled by FastSpring (legal name - Bright Market, LLC, USA) - official on-line distributor of Agisoft products. FastSpring accepts a wide variety of payment methods varying on your location and the type of transaction being processed, basic available payment options described below:
- Manually renewed subscription can be payed by: Credit / Debit Card, PayPal, Amazon, Wire Transfer.
- Automatically renewed subscription can be payed by: Credit / Debit Card, PayPal, Amazon.
- Processing time package can be payed by: Credit / Debit Card, PayPal, Amazon, Wire Transfer.
For the full list of payment options available in your country refer to FastSpring website.
Please note that although you can edit your personal information on your personal page in the AgiSoft LLC store on the FastSpring platform, only the information stored in your Agisoft Account is used to fulfill orders.
Payment declined cases
An order may be canceled after passing risk analysis if there are credit card issues, such as a declined CVV2 code, invalid card information, or insufficient funds. In case you faced such case you should contact the credit card issuer for details regarding the decline. To resubmit the order, we recommend to close all browser windows and starts with a new browser window.
If PayPal has been used to pay for the order, the payment may be declined because of reasons described below:
- Unconfirmed billing address associated with the payment method,
- Transaction exceeds the limit,
- Credit card company declined the transaction,
- Customers can select an alternative funding source within PayPal to complete the transaction.
Purchasing on behalf of company
In case it is needed to purchase in service resources on behalf of the company it is available to use Wire Transfer payment method instead of personal credit/debit card. When selecting the Wire Transfer payment method you will receive payment instructions via email and need to pay in 21 days after.
When the payment will be received, the purchased subscription or processing hours package will be activated in your account. Subscription start date is equal to the date of the order creation and not from the date of the order payment.
Please note that in case of purchasing several subscriptions via wire transfer, the last paid subscription will be activated, while the previously purchased subscription will not be refunded.
. Subscription grants access to all features excluding cloud processing. Any data uploaded into or produced in the cloud takes storage space. Monthly storage subscriptions starting from 100 GB up to 5 TB are available. To request for custom solution please contact our sales via email@example.com.
Storage subscription billing period starts from the date of purchasing and last one calendar month. Subscription can be renewed both manually and automatically. Subscription can be upgraded, downgraded and canceled(which cases account downgrade to Non-Commercial Plan) whenever it is needed.
When upgrading from Non-Commercial Plan to Commercial Plan it is available to select manual or automatic subscription renewal.
Please note that after purchasing subscription, subscription renewal mode cannot be changed.
What takes up storage space?
All data that is uploaded into the cloud, generated in the cloud or created in the cloud by you takes up storage space.
When you upload the project into the cloud all data related to it including: .psx file, project files directory, project related images; is uploaded into the cloud and takes up space on your cloud storage.
When you process the project in the cloud a new data (processing results) is being generated and stored in project files directory, this data takes up space on your cloud storage. In addition after each processing a processing reports and log a being generated and take up space on your cloud storage
When you publish the project a copy of each processing result in a web optimized format is being generated, this data takes up space on your cloud storage.
When you upload a geospatial dataset into the project, it source file takes up storage space, moreover a copy of a source file in a web optimized format is being generated, this data takes up space on your cloud storage.
Create & edit dataset (vector layer)
Vector layers that a created via web viewer take up storage space as well as other datasets, but unlike the other datasets only source file of a vector layer is being stored in the cloud.
Automatic subscription renew
In case of automatic subscription renewal FastSpring will store a "payment token" for credit card, PayPal, or other payment methods that support this feature, and the subscription fee will be automatically charged.
If you need to change the payment method, please refer to Payment details management paragraph.
Manual subscription renew
In case of manual subscription renewal it is needed to pay a subscription fee manually on your personal page on AgiSoft LLC Store space on FastSpring platform, accessible via secure link on Personal Info & Preferences account page.
Manual subscription renew via Wire Transfer
When using wire transfer payment method to renew active subscription it is crucial to perform payment before subscription deactivation. If the renew payment is received after subscription deactivation, the subscription will not be reactivated and you will need to claim for refund via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. There are two options of wire transfers refunding:
- If you have a PayPal account, there is an option proceed refund through PayPal. Please share your PayPal email when claiming the refund.
- If you don't have PayPal account , there is an option to refund the payment via wire, there is an additional $30 fee for wire refunds. Please share your bank information when claiming the refund.
Upgrading storage subscription
If you realize that the current storage subscription is not enough for your purposes, you can always upgrade it to get more storage space, the option is accessible on subscription management account page.
When upgrading storage subscription you pay a full price of new subscription, while the unused portion of current subscription is compensated with processing hours package, equal in price to unused portion of current subscription. The storage capacity changes immediately after successful payment. The new monthly subscription period start from the date of successful upgrade.
For example, you upgrade from a $100 monthly subscription to a $200 monthly subscription on day 15. You pay $200 for a new subscription and as a compensation for unused portion of current subscription - $50 for 15 unused days, we grant you with 10 processing hours package as a compensation.
Downgrading storage subscription
Storage subscription downgrade can be requested if it is needed, the option is accessible on subscription management account page.
When requesting subscription downgrade during the paid period, subscription will be modified immediately and you will receive corresponding email. Storage capacity will be downgraded only at the end of paid period. New subscription fee will be charged at the beginning of new period.
In case of automatic subscription renewal subscription downgrade request can be canceled anytime before actual downgrade. When canceling subscription downgrade it will be modified back to the previous subscription parameters, subscription fee and storage capacity will not be changed at the end of paid period.
In case of manual subscription renewal was selected when upgrading to Commercial Plan, subscription downgrade request can be canceled anytime before actual downgrade except the situation when next subscription period is manually paid on your personal page on AgiSoft LLC Store space on FastSpring platform.
After subscription downgrade, all data excluding last modified projects not exceeding new subscription storage capacity will be deleted from your account. In case of manual subscription renewal new subscription fee will be charged at the beginning of new subscription period.
Subscription payment overdue
In case you have overdue payment for storage subscription you will lose the ability to upload, process and publish projects on the cloud. All your data will be saved and available for download for 28 days after charge date including the charge date and you will be available to pay a subscription fee to prevent subscription downgrade to Non-Commercial Plan.
If automatic subscription renewal was selected when upgrading to Commercial Plan, we will attempt to charge you three times:
- One day after the initial charge failure,
- Three days after the previous charge failure,
- Five days after the previous failure.
If you update the subscription payment method via your personal page on AgiSoft LLC Store space on FastSpring platform, accessible via secure link on Personal Info & Preferences account page, we automatically retry the subscription charge immediately. In case of charge failure, the schedule above will continue without regard to the declined immediate charge attempt.
If manual subscription renewal was selected when upgrading to Commercial Plan, you will need to pay a subscription fee manually on your personal page on AgiSoft LLC Store space on FastSpring platform, accessible via secure link on Personal Info & Preferences account page.
If during 28 days after charge date, you will not pay subscription fee in full then your account will be downgraded to Non-Commercial Plan and all data excluding last modified projects not exceeding 50 GB will be deleted from your account, remaining processing time will be transferred to Non-Commercial Plan, any commercial uses of the service will be prohibited.
Payment details management
Your payment information is securely stored on the FastSpring side. FastSpring does not store actual credit card numbers and other credit card details. Instead, a "payment token" for credit cards, PayPal, and other payment methods that support this feature is stored.
Payment details can be changed on your personal page on AgiSoft LLC Store space on FastSpring platform, accessible via secure link on Personal Info & Preferences account page.
What takes up processing time?
Processing time is only required for performing photogrammetry processing in the cloud and is being charged per minute of computing nodes operating. Time that is spent for data transferring and other operations is not taken into account when charging.
Processing time charging
Cloud processing is performed on two types of computing nodes. The type of computing node for each individual processing is selected randomly.
32 vCPU (2.7 GHz Intel Xeon E5 2686 v4)
2 x NVIDIA Tesla M60
32 vCPU 3.3 GHz, AMD EPYC 7R32
2 x AMD Radeon Pro V520
Processing time is charged per minute of operation of the compute nodes and not charged for data transferring operations (upload & download) and publication.
A basic logic of how processing in the cloud works is described below:
- Each time you run a processing operation on the cloud, availability of prepaid or free processing hours granted on Non-Commercial Plane is checked. In case you have non zero or non negative processing hours balance, operation starts;
- When running batch processing, availability of prepaid processing hours is checked before every processing step. If on some processing step in batch your account will reach zero or negative processing hours balance, project will be saved and the next step in batch processing will be canceled;
- Ongoing processing operation (task) never cancelled by the service until processing completion even if you run out of processing hours or storage space is exceeded.
- If the processing is failed, processing hours will not be deducted from your processing time balance;
- When canceling ongoing processing the results of completed processing tasks will be saved, and you will be charged for the completed processing tasks.
Real time needed to process a specific project may differ depending on how many compute nodes were operating, while the amount of processing hours you will be charged for processing this project is almost the same no matter how many compute nodes were operating.
Currently it is not possible to select the number of compute nodes to perform processing. By default processing is performed on a single computing node, in case several compute nodes are available on the service when you schedule processing on the cloud, processing will be automatically distributed within several compute nodes and will take less real time.
In case the processing has been performed on multiple compute nodes you will be charged for the operation time of every compute node, but the resulting processing time charge amount will be the same as if processing were done on a single compute node.
Single compute node processing case
- User scheduled project processing in the cloud at 00:00.
- Data upload operation took 30 minutes and has been finished at 00:30.
- One available compute node started operating at 00:30 and worked until 04:00, so the whole processing took 3 hours and 30 minutes of compute nodes operation.
- After project processing were finished, publication started and took another 30 minutes, so the project were ready for download and visualization at 04:00.
- 3 hours and 30 minutes of processing time were debited from processing hours balance.
Multiple compute nodes processing case
- User scheduled project processing in the cloud at 00:00.
- Data upload operation took 30 minutes and finished at 00:30.
- Three available compute nodes started operating at 00:30 and worked until 01:40. Each processing node worked for 1 hour and 10 minutes so the whole processing took 3 hours and 30 minutes of processing nodes operation.
- After project processing was finished, publication started and took another 30 minutes, so the project was ready for download visualization at 02:10.
- 3 hours and 30 minutes of processing time were debited from processing hours balance.
Processing time purchasing
Processing time packages can be purchased and used whenever it is needed without usage period limitations, option is accessible on processing time management account page. Processing time packages purchased on Commercial Plan do not renews monthly. In case you switch to Non-Commercial Plan having the purchased processing time, it is transferred to Non-Commercial Plan and can be used further for non-commercial purposes.
Processing time overrun
In case you have overrun of prepaid processing hours it is needed to purchase processing time package repaying negative processing time balance to continue using cloud processing service.
Processing time estimation
To estimate how much time will take processing of your project on the cloud refer to : "Memory requirements for processing operations" article. Estimation can also be done on Non-Commercial Plan by using free resources.
Unsubscribe from Commercial Plan
It is available to unsubscribe from Commercial Plan anytime, the option is accessible on the subscription management account page.
When unsubscribing from Commercial Plan during the paid subscription period, you will be unsubscribed at the end of current paid subscription period. After unsubscribing from Commercial Plan all data excluding last modified projects not exceeding 50GB will be deleted from your account, remaining prepaid processing time will be transferred to Non-Commercial Plan, any commercial uses of the service will be prohibited. You can cancel unsubscribing before the end of paid subscription period.
When unsubscribing from Commercial Plan during the payment overdue, you will be unsubscribed immediately, all data excluding last modified projects not exceeding 50GB will be deleted. Remaining processing time will be transferred to Non-Commercial Plan, any commercial uses of the service will be prohibited.
Agisoft has the right to terminate your account immediately, without written notification to you, in case:
- you fail to comply with the terms and conditions of the User Agreement;
- Agisoft ceases to provide the Service, in whole or in part; or
- in case the period of inactivity on your account reaches the 12 month breakpoint