NOTE: The described procedure allows to activate the floating license to be used for Metashape Professional 1.8.x and earlier.
Floating license activation consists on the following steps:
- deploying and activation of the Floating License Server (FLS),
- activation of the floating license keys - that actually grants certain number of simultaneous Metashape Professional uses according to the floating license count number (number of licenses in the pool),
- putting license file (.lic) on the clients side that will be linking to the license server (FLS) for case when automatic license broadcasting is not supported.
General instructions on floating license activation procedure are available in the corresponding section of Chapter 1 of Metashape Professional 1.8.x and earlier version of manual.
IMPORTANT: if the license server should be activated in offline mode, use the following instruction: How to create offline activation request for the floating license server activation
The instruction below describes these steps.
On the server's side:
1. Download FLS archive using the link corresponding to the OS used on the computer that is intended to be used as a license server:
Linux 64bit: https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/download.agisoft.com/agisoft-rlm-server_amd64.tar.gz
2. Run rlm utility from the unpacked archive on the computer that is intended to be used as a Floating License Server in the network.
4. Press Status button in the left frame menu and get to the ISV servers table:
then press "agisoft" button in the Activate column:
5. Use the following parameters:
- ISV: agisoft
- Activation Key (INPUT YOUR FLS activation key): 0000-0000-0000-0000
It's necessary to use YOUR FLS activation key here - it's a four-section, 16-digit key.
Press the Activate/Deactivate Alternate Server Hostid button:
To complete the procedure, go to the folder where the FLS utility has been unpacked to and delete mock license file - agisoft.lic.
Then return to web-interface of the license management system and go to Reread/Restart Servers section in the left frame menu.
Select "-all-" from the dropdown list of the ISV field. Click REREAD/ RESTART button. License file rlm_agisoft_0000-0000-0000-0000.lic will be created automatically (the name would correspond to the FLS activation key).
6. Proceed to the floating license activation procedure. Go again to the web-interface and press Activate License button in the left frame menu:
You need to specify parameters in the Activation Request Data table, as in example below:
Please note, that you need to specify YOUR parameters, instead of values that are marked in red.
Use the following parameters in the corresponding steps:
ISV activation website: http://www.hostedactivation.com/
YOUR floating license activation key, five-section key of letters and digits.
The input number indicates the number of floating licenses that will be added to the pool, number can't be greater than floating license count number.
License Server or Node-lock hostid value.
Note that it should be input the value without any spaces or quotes (as an on the example license=99999).
It's the serial number of the FLS key activated on the previous step of this instruction. Get this value from the corresponding rlm_agisoft_0000-0000-0000-0000.lic file generated on the previous step):
License File to create or edit: (leave default name, like metashape.lic or activate.lic, for example).
Make sure that you have checked all the values before requesting the activation, especially Hostid value!
Then confirm the activation procedure by pressing Request License button.
Then you can again press REREAD/ RESTART button and then check in the Status page of the web-interface Server Status (click on agisoft button in the corresponding column).
7. It may be necessary to re-start rlm utility and then check if all floating licenses are available in the license pool (can be accessed from the web-interface using Status button).
On the client's side:
8.1. As for the client side for the floating licenses, on Windows usually licenses are broadcast automatically, alternatively you can put single-line license file to Metashape Professional installation folder.
the default installation folder is C:/Program Files/Agisoft/Metashape Pro/
you need to put this license file to the directory where MetashapePro is unpacked to.
you need to put the license file either to the MetashapePro application bundle contents: MetashapePro.app/Contents/MacOS/ (right click on MetashapePro.app and choose Show Package Contents option from the context menu), or to the following directory: /Library/Application Support/Agisoft/Metashape Pro/
The file should have .lic extension, like server.lic, for example, and should contain the following line:
HOST FLS_address any the_port_number
HOST 192.168.10.100 any 5053
FLS_address - could be computer name or IP address,
the port number - 5053 by default.
the bold words ("HOST" and "any") shouldn't be changed.
Alternatively to .lic file you can create agisoft_LICENSE environment variable and define it in port@address format, for example:
After setting up environment variable system reboot is required.
8.2. By default the communication with the license server is performed via two TCP ports: RLM-server port (5053 by default) and ISV-server port (not fixed by default and first free port is used).
8.3. For the client nodes running macOS it is required to create an additional auxiliary directory and give full access rights to it, in order to allow the use of the floating licenses. If the directory doesn't yet exist, please use the elevated privileges to create this directory and give the required access rights to it with the following two commands:
sudo mkdir "/Library/Application Support/Reprise"
sudo chmod 777 "/Library/Application Support/Reprise"