Tie points and Control points can be exported only along with the interior and exterior orientation parameters of the cameras. To export processing results from Metashape to Photomod using PAT-B format, follow these steps:
1. Export cameras in PAT-B format. Select File > Export cameras...
In the export parameters, select:
- the direction of the X-axes is to the right, Y-up;
- the Include invalid matches and Transform to initial calibration options should be disabled;
- Use item labels option enabled.
2. Open Camera Calibration dialog window. Select Tools > Camera calibration. Open the Adjusted tab in the Camera calibration dialog window.
To save the camera calibration in Photomod (x-cam) format use the Save button.
Check that the orientation of the axes for the camera is set to X-right (along the wide side of the frame), Y-up (along the narrow side of the frame).
As a result of export in PATB format, the following files will be written:
- example.pro - project file PATB. It contains information on the units of measurement (microns/millimeters). This eliminates the ambiguity in interpreting the data on import.
- example.im - file with coordinates of tie points projections on the images.
- example.con - file with measured coordinates of the ground control points.
- example.ori - file with the calculated parameters of the exterior orientation for the cameras.
- example.at - file with the calculated coordinates of tie points (adjusted terrain coordinates).
Note: *.im and *.con formats are input files for PATB and *.ori. and *.at are output formats.
1. Import exterior orientation parameters from PAT-B format (*.ori file). Select Orientation > Import exterior orientation...
The Negative option should be disabled in the Exterior orientation import dialog.
2. Import the calibration from the x-cam file saved earlier. Click the Cameras button on the Toolbar.
Import the x-cam file: